Chicken Chow Mein
- 200g of dry egg noodles
- 1 pepper (red or green, or mixed)
- 150g of chicken breast (lean and boneless)
- ½ small onion
- 3 tbsp oil (veg, peanut or sunflower)
- 2 tbsp of sesame oil
- 3 tbsp of soy sauce
How to cook
- Cook noodles to pack instructions, drain and loosen strands.
- Cut onion and pepper into small stripe. Cut chicken into finger length stripe.
- Heat wok until hot, add oil and swirl around.
- Add onion, allow to sizzle for a few seconds. Add pepper and then chicken, stir fry for approx. 2 minutes.
- Add a cup of water, continue to stir-fry until chicken is tender and add the breansprouts, stir until it is thoroughly cooked.
- Add about 2 tbsp of corn flour (mixed with ½ cup of water in advance) and soy sauce. Finally add sesame oil and stir before serving.
Remember safety in the kitchen, never leave heating oil unattended