Chicken with Cashewnut
- ½ cup of ready roasted cashewnuts
- 1 pepper (red or green, or other similar type of veg finely cut)
- 1 pound of chicken breast (lean and boneless)
- 3 cloves of garlic (finely chopped or crushed)
- ½ small onion
- 3 tbsp oil (veg, peanut or sunflower)
- 2 tsp of sesame oil
- 3 tbsp of Hoisin sauce
How to cook
- If cashewnut is not ready roasted, you could deep fry them in hot oil until golden brown, then leave to dry.
- Cut onion and pepper into small stripe. Cut chicken into finger length stripe.
- Heat wok until hot, add oil and swirl around.
- Add onion and garlic, allow to sizzle for a few seconds. Add pepper and then chicken, stir fry for approx. 2 minutes.
- Add rice wine, hoisin sauce and a little water, continue to stir-fry until chicken is tender and all the vegetable is thoroughly cooked.
- Add sesame oil and cashewnut, serve immediately.
Remember safety in the kitchen, never leave heating oil unattended