Shrimp Dumpling Soup
- 20 won ton pastry skins, 6 cm square
- 12 oz/300g minced pork
- 6oz/150g raw minced prawns
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- ½ tbsp pepper
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2oz/50g translucent vermicelli, socked till soft
- 30 fl oz/750ml water
- 1 chicken stock cube
- finely chopped fresh coriander or spring onions
- 3 tbsp of Hoisin sauce
How to cook
- Mix pork, prawns, cornflour, sesame oil, pepper and soy sauce.
- Place 2 tsp on each won ton skin, gather up and twist to seal with a little water.
- Bring water and stock cube to boil
- Drop in dumplings and vermicelli, cook for 3 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning.
- Garnish with fresh coriander or chopped spring onions.
Remember safety in the kitchen, never leave heating oil unattended